Publish a Web Site
OIT has an active project to replace NetFile web publishing with a new service. Learn more at http://oit.nd.edu/web-publishing-replacement/
NOTE: NEVER publish sensitive information (such as social security numbers, credit card data, FERPA protected data, or HIPAA protected data) on the Web!
Individuals and departments with an active NetID can publish a Web site.
Publish a Web Site from NetFile
You can use one of the following methods to publish your site:
- Use a Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) program or publishing software, with the following settings:
- Server: webfile.nd.edu
- Username: Your NetID
- Password: Your NetID password
SFTP protocol is required
- Windows users can map a local drive to the personal or departmental NetFile space and copy (or save) files to the www folder
- Mac users can map a volume to the personal or departmental NetFile space and copy (or save) files to the www folder
More on Publishing a Web Site
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?