Incorporating "Search This Site" Functionality on a Web Site
Here is a sample form using the OIT's website as an example:
To make this form work for you, change "oit.nd.edu" to the url of your website. You can specify subdirectories.
When naming the website:
- Do not include "http://"
- Do not include trailing slashes (/)
- Do not specify specific file names
Examples of valid specifications:
Examples of invalid specifications:
- http://www.nd.edu/~forestry (includes "http://")
- www.nd.edu/vetschool/ (includes a trailing slash)
- nd.edu/textiles/conference.pdf (points to a specific file)
For more information about the campus-wide search engine, such as how it works, what it indexes, and how you can allow or disallow it to index your site, see the About The Campus-Wide Search Engine page.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?