Establish a Conference Call Using the Confrn Softkey
Establish a Conference Call Using the MeetMe Softkey
Establish a Conference Call Using the Join Softkey
Conferencing Options Comparison
Confrn feature allows up to eight lines/callers, including the host (e.g., 7 attendees, 1 host). This feature allows the host the ability to view attendee list and the host can also remove attendees from the call. Standard long-distance charges apply.
To create a three-party conference call:
- During a call, press the More softkey and then the Confrn softkey. This places the first party on hold and opens a new line
- Place a call to another number
- When the call connects, press Confrn again to add the new party to the call
To establish a conference call between two- and three-party calls, one active and the other on hold:
- Press the Confrn softkey
To establish a conference call between second- and third party calls already present, using separate line buttons, one active and the other on hold:
- Press the Confrn softkey
- Press the Line button of the call you want to add to the conference
MeetMe is for campus VoIP phones/extensions/users only. External numbers cannot use the MeetMe feature. Maximum active line usage/callers is eight for MeetMe, which includes the host (e.g., 7 attendees, 1 host). Since this feature is available to campus (VoIP) lines only, no long-distance charges apply.
- Obtain a MeetMe conference number from your system administrator
- Distribute the MeetMe conference number to all the participants
- Go offhook to obtain a dial tone, press the MeetMe soft key, and dial the MeetMe conference number
All other participants join the meeting by dialing into the MeetMe conference number
- To end the MeetMe conference call, all participants must hang up the handset or press the EndCall softkey
Join is a conferencing feature that is essentially three-way calling. Three (3) active lines is the maximum number of lines/callers when using the Join feature. Join can be used for internal and external numbers. Two calls must be active in order to "join" them together.Standard long-distance charges apply.
Place the active call on hold using the Hold softkey
Press the New Call softkey, then dial another number
If the second caller calls you, press the Answer softkey. This places the first caller on hold which is required to use the Join feature
Press the More softkey until Join displays, then press Join
Use the navigation arrows on your phone to highlight over the first caller from the phone display
Press the More softkey until Join displays, then press Join to join the two calls together
- To end the call, the participants must hang up the handset or press the EndCall softkey
|Join (VoIP)||Conference (VoIP)||MeetMe (VoIP)||Zoom (zoom.nd.edu) *Not VoIP*|
|Hosting||"Join" Softkey||"Cnfrn" Softkey||"MeetMe" Softkey & Bridge #||Schedule future meetings or start meetings instantly.|
|Maximum Attendees||2 + Host||7 + Host||7 + Host||Unlimited|
|Billing||Standard LD||Standard LD||Campus Only||Free for up to 50 participants. Paid options for larger groups.|
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?