Zoned Wired Network
The Zoned Wired Network separates faculty/staff, students and guests onto segregated virtual networks, providing each group with firewall protection and other security controls.
Preparing for the Zoned Network
To use the wired Zoned Network, you will need to log in with your NetID and password on a periodic basis. This security control ensures that only authorized members of the Notre Dame community have access to our network, protecting the privacy and security of both University and personal information.
There are several methods you may use to connect to the Zoned Network:
- Download the Cisco Clean Access client for your operating system. The Cisco Clean Access Agent runs on your computer and acts as an interface to the Zoned Network. If your computer is connected to the ADND (ND.EDU) domain, you will not need to authenticate to the Zoned Network. If your computer is not connected to the ADND (ND.EDU) domain, you will periodically see a pop-up asking for your NetID and password. This is the easiest and recommended way to connect to the Zoned Network. * Note: Installing the Cisco Clean Access Agent will not affect or interfere with your ability to connect to any other networks.
- Authenticate via a web page. If you can't (or do not wish to) install the Cisco Clean Access client on your system, you may also authenticate via a Web page. After booting your computer, open a Web browser and you will be prompted to enter your NetID and password.
- Request that your system be manually assigned to a network zone. If you have a system that does not have a Web browser (e.g., printers, research devices) but that must be connected to the network, please contact the OIT Help Desk at (574) 631-8111. They will assist you in connecting your system to the Zoned Network.
Note: In order to ensure current registration information, you will be required to re-authenticate to the network approximately 2 to 3 times per year (between semesters). In order to minimize the disruption caused by reauthentication, it is highly recommended that you download and install Cisco Clean Access on your machine.
If you have any questions or need help connecting your system to the network, please contact your departmental IT support staff or the OIT Help Desk for assistance.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?