ND VPN for Windows
Connect to the Cisco VPN from a Windows System
- If you already have an older version of the Cisco VPN Client installed on your machine, remove it before attempting this installation.
- Download/save the Cisco VPN Installer for Windows to your desktop. You can delete this after you run the installer shown in step 3 below. Please also download a copy of the Windows VPN Client User Guide for your reference.
- Run the Cisco VPN Installer for Windows by double-clicking on the icon on your computer desktop. Your use of the client is subject to the terms of the license contained within this guide.
At the Security Window, choose Run.
At the prompt that asks you where to unzip the folder, click Browse and choose to save it on your desktop.
There will now be 3 icons on your desktop: the installer you just ran, a client folder, and the new VPN installer that looks like a computer with a CD in front of it. Double-click the VPN installer to run it. (After installation has finished you can delete all three icons.)
- If you did not reboot your system after installing the VPN client, do so before attempting to connect to the Notre Dame VPN.
- From the Start menu, choose All Programs, followed by Cisco Systems VPN Client, followed by VPN Client.
Make sure that the "ndvpn" connection entry is highlighted and click Connect, as shown below.
You will see the User Authentication window shown below. Enter your NetID in the Username field and your account password in the Password field. (Note: This process applies to the general campus VPN only. If you need to connect to a privileged VPN group, you should have received different instructions for this step from your system administrator.)
- Click OK to continue.
After a few moments, you should see the message "Welcome to VPN group NOTREDAME!" as shown below. This indicates that you have successfully connected to the campus VPN. Click Continue to dismiss this window.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?