ND VPN for Special Access Groups
The Cisco VPN also provides special access groups for individuals requiring privileged access to University systems. To access one of these VPN groups, use the following process:
- Download and install the Cisco VPN Client, if you haven't done so already. You may need to remove any older versions of the client.
- If you did not reboot your system after installing the VPN client, do so before attempting to connect to the Notre Dame VPN.
- From the Start menu, choose All Programs, followed by Cisco Systems VPN Client, followed by VPN Client.
Make sure that the "ndvpn" connection entry is highlighted and click Connect, as shown below.
You will see the User Authentication window shown below. In the username field, enter your NetID, followed by a period, followed by the VPN group name provided by your administrator. For example, if your NetID is jdomer and you are attempting to access a VPN group named IRISH, you would enter the username "jdomer.IRISH" and in the password field, enter your NetID password.
- Click OK to continue.
After a few moments, you should see the message "Welcome to VPN group group_name!" The group name in this message should match the VPN group name provided by your administrator. If you see the message "Welcome to VPN group NOTREDAME!" shown below, you have not connected to the special access VPN group and should contact your administrator for assistance.
- If the message shows the correct group name, click Continue to dismiss this window. You are now connected to the special access VPN.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?