Importing Email into Gmail
To import your email from a PST file or your home client, follow the instructions below:
- Enable IMAP in your Gmail account.
- Click on the Gear (insert icon) at the top right of your inbox and choose Settings.
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP
- Next to IMAP Access:, make sure Enable IMAP is selected.
- Setup your ND Gmail account in your email client: https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?rd=1#ts=1665018
- Open your .pst files in email client.
- Drag & drop all emails from .pst files into your ND Gmail account.
This process may take anywhere from 30 minutes to many hours, depending on how much email you have in the .pst files.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?