IT Service Management
ServiceNow is the tool used by OIT and other IT groups to enable our incident management process (with change and problem management to be added soon). Customers can submit incidents and requests by using the ServiceNow interface. IT staff will find information and documentation for using ServiceNow in our Knowledge Base.
When you first log into https://nd.service-now.com/ess/ you'll see a screen similar to this one:
Check the Knowledge Base
The answer to your question or solution to your problem may already be documented in our Knowledge Base. IT is utilized daily by the OIT Help Desk and other IT staff to document official procedures, known fixes to problems, and answers to general questions.
To access the KB, click Knowledge on the main page of ServiceNow. The main page also includes liks to Toda's News and Common Answers to issues.
To submit a new incident, click I need help with something on the main page of ServiceNow. A web form will appear so you can describe your question or problem.
- By clicking Add Attachments, you can navigate to a file on your computer and attach it to the incident to provide additional information for the consultant.
- As you type in a short description, potentially applicable knowledge articles will populate below. Click on any title to view the article.
- When you have entered the needed information, click Submit and ServiceNow will provide a reference number and route the incident to the approptiate group for review.
Submit a Request
There are several IT services that you can request through ServiceNow as well. To submit a new request, click Request IT Services on the main page of ServiceNow.
- Click the category of you request
- Click the request title that you wish to submit
- Fill out the form and click Submit on the upper right hand corner of the form.
Review or Update
If there are any open events for which you are a contact, you can check their statuses by clicking Issue Status under the Get Help section of the main page of ServiceNow. Clicking on an event will display its history, and you will be able to:
- Provide additional comments
- Close the event
- View/manage attachments
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?