Publish in Contribute
NOTE: Before changing any of your Contribute settings, please check with the Contribute Administrator for your website. Only the Contribute Administrator for your website assigns Contribute Keys, and those Keys will automatically set up the connection to the website.
From the Edit menu, select My Connections
Select your web site in the list, and then click New
On the first dialog of the Connection Wizard, click Next
Confirm that Connection Type is set to Website, and enter the Web address for the site location using correct NetID information. (e.g., http://nd.edu/~oithelp on windows and http://www3.nd.edu/~oithelp on mac)
- Click Next to configure the following server settings:
Connection Type: Secure FTP (SFTP)
SFTP Server Name: webfile.nd.edu
SFTP User Name: NetID (e.g., oithelp)
SFTP Password: NetID account password
Click the Next to enter Remote Path information. Click Choose to locate and select the proper 'www' folder, or manually enter the path following the example below:
The folder path to your web site will be in the following format
/users/<first letter of NetID>/<NetID>/<preferred shared file space>/www/
You will return to the Remote Path Information dialog. Click Next
The Connection Wizard will prompt you for your full name and email address. This information will let others who are editing pages on the web site know who is editing a page and how to contact them. Click Next
- The Connection Wizard will then display a confirmation page showing your chosen configurations. Click Next, then Done. Exit all open windows to return to main Contribute page to use this new connection
- Verify the account credentials are correct by logging into eds.nd.edu or inside.nd.edu from a Web browser
- Contact The OIT Help Desk at (574) 631-8111 or email@example.com for further assistance
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Join a Great Team
Notre Dame ranked #25 on IDG's Computerworld Best Places to work in IT 2014. Find out why you should join our team.
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?