Locating the MAC Address on a Cisco VoIP Phone
VoIP Phones have a unique MAC (Media Access Control) address that is used to identify the device on the Notre Dame network. This information becomes helpful to have when troubleshooting issues with the Help Desk or when setting up new features on the new VoIP system. Below are the simple steps for locating the MAC address of a VoIP device.
Press the Settings button on the VoIP phone.
Use the navigation buttons and softkeys on the device to select Network Configuration from the menu that appears on the display.
Press the Select softkey to enter Network Configuration.
The MAC Address appears at item #3 on the Network Configuration menu.
The MAC address is a series of twelve (12) letters and numbers (e.g., ECC884B06C81 or ec:c8:84:b0:6c:81).
- To return to the main screen, press the Exit softkey twice on your phone display.
If you need assistance locating the MAC address on a VoIP device, please contact the OIT Help Desk at (574) 631-8111.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?