Phone & Calling Features
- Color-screen phone
- Automatic date/time set
- Much improved clarity in speakerphone use
- Easy-access buttons to redial, forward all calls, do not disturb, divert, access voicemail, mute, use headset, and/or speakerphone
- Search the ND phone directory on the phone
- Personalized speed dials, ringtones & screen images
- Review call logs on the phone – what number called when for calls that were answered, missed, placed, and/or left voicemail
- Personal call transfer rules – decide where a call should reach based on the incoming call and time of day and who is calling
- Single number reach – have your deskphone, your cell phone, and/or your home phone all ring when a call comes into your Notre Dame number
- Integration with popular mobile phones (e.g., iPhone) to be able to make calls, view the campus directory, access voicemail, etc.
- Softphone – you can make calls via your laptop in any city with any network connection as if you are at your desk at ND
- Add-in to easily call others from within popular Web browsers and Office applications – “click to call” feature where you can double click on a phone number on the screen to automatically call it
- Access & configure voicemail via the web at the VoIP Phone Web Portal and VoIP Voicemail Web Portal
- Have voicemail sent to your Gmail mailbox using Unified Messaging – receive voicemails as an attachment to an email.
- Visual Voicemail so you can select the voicemail you want to listen to from a list (on the phone screen) instead of having to listen to all voicemail messages one after the other.
- 8-call conference calls without having to contact telecomm to set up a phone bridge.
- Additional information on the conferencing options at Notre Dame, please visit our Conferencing Options support page.
- Instant messaging that works with text, audio and video and can automatically adjust your availability status based on whether you are on a call.
- For additional information on chat features, please visit the Jabber or Google Hangouts support pages.
Additional Feature Links
- Single Number Reach
- Unified Messaging
- Visual Voicemail
- Conferencing Options
- VoIP Documentation & Training
- VoIP Feature Request
- VoIP Frequently Asked Questions
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?