Creating a Guest Network Access Account
- Login to the Notre Dame Guest Network Access Service with your NetID and password. Note: You must be on the campus network or connected via VPN to access this service.
- The first time you log in, you will be presented with the Preferences tab. You will need to set your default timezone, enter your Notre Dame email address, and check the box to receive an email confirmation. Then click Save.
- Next, click on Getting Started in the left column.
- On the Getting Started page, you have the option to create a single guest account or manage existing guest accounts.
- To create a new guest account, click on Create a Single Guest Account.
For each guest account, you will need to fill in the following information:
- Guest First Name – Your guest’s first name
- Guest Last Name – Your guest’s last name
- Guest Email Address – Your guest’s email account (this must be a valid email account and is a required field)
- Guest Cell Phone – This field is optional
- Reason for Access – A brief explanation of why this person needs access
- Timezone – Select the timezone for access
- Account Start – Select the date and time that access should begin for this individual
- Account End – Select the date and time that access should end
- Then click Create Account.
You will see that the account is created. Now you can choose how to notify the individual with their guest account information.
- Print Account Info – this will send the information to a printer.
- Send Account via Email – this will email the account information to the email address you listed for your guest during creation.
- Send Account via SMS – this will send the account information to the person via a text message to the phone number you supplied during account creation.
If you need to create many guest accounts, such as for a meeting or conference, you have the following options:
If you know the names and email addresses for all guests, download the Bulk Account Template (.CSV format) and fill in the columns appropriately, one guest per row. All accounts listed must have at least a first and last name and an email address! Then email the completed .CSV file to the OIT Help Desk to request that the accounts be created.
If you do not know the names and email addresses for all guests, please contact the OIT Help Desk and request the number of guest accounts that you will need. The usernames and passwords will be randomly generated by the email system. You are responsible for tracking which guest receives which account.
Note: If you'd like to view all of the guest accounts that you have sponsored and manage them or re-issue passwords for them, just click Manage My Guests in the left column of the Guest Network Access Service window (shown in step #3 above), and use the on-screen tools.
If you have questions, please send email to OIT Help Desk or telephone (574) 631-8111.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my Exchange email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?