ND VPN for Android Devices
Note: There are multiple versions of the AnyConnect app available . The installation of these apps will all be similar to the instructions listed below, but may have some slight differences depending on the version of AnyConnect that works for your device.
- In the Google Play Store, search for AnyConnect. There may be multiple versions of the AnyConnect app available; choose the app that best matches your device. If one matching your specific device is not shown and your device is running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android OS v4.0) or newer, choose the AnyConnect ICS+ version.
- Click the Install button.
- Click Accept & download. The application will download and install.
- Open up your applications, and open AnyConnect.
- A popup will appear warning you about using certain apps while on a mobile network. Click OK.
- Choose Accept on the Agreement page.
- Choose Add New VPN Connection…
- Choose Server Address, and enter vpnaccess.nd.edu, and choose OK, then choose Done.
Choose the new entry vpnaccess.nd.edu, and enter in your email@example.com and password, and choose OK.
Note: If you connect to a special VPN group, you can access this group by entering your Username as NetID.group (e.g. hman.specialgroup).
- Check the box that is next to "I trust this application", and choose OK.
You should now be connected to the ND VPN.
Note: Unlike the VPN capabilities built in to Android, the Cisco AnyConnect app keeps you connected to the VPN while your device is locked. You must open the app and turn the AnyConnect VPN connection OFF before it will disconnect.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?