Two Step Login
Protecting you and our entire community from cyber-attacks continues to be a top priority for the University. The Office of Information Technologies (OIT) has introduced a solution to help protect your Notre Dame account and valuable data. That solution is two step login. See video for additional information.
Two Step Login Go-Live Dates for Faculty and Students
Students: February 7 or February 14, 2017*
Faculty: February 21, 2017
Those who are not enrolled before the opt-in enrollment period ends will not be able to access most Notre Dame services (Gmail, Google Apps, Sakai, Box, etc.), until they complete the two step login enrollment process.
*Students will receive information on which date two step login will be activated for them.
Enroll in Two Step Login
To enroll in two step login, go to twostep.nd.edu and follow the step-by-step enrollment instructions. When you enroll, you will need to choose one or more devices to verify your identity before accessing most Notre Dame services (Gmail, Google Apps, Sakai, Box, etc.).
Once enrolled, you will be prompted to verify your identity with one of your chosen devices the next time you access a two step enabled service. Quick reference guides are also available.
Faculty & Students: Bring your mobile device/devices to the following enrollment station and IT support staff will be available to help you enroll on site.
- Thursday, February 16, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m., Montgomery Auditorium, LaFortune Student Center
If you are using two step login, remember to bring your smartphone or mobile phone to your classroom so that you can login to any services you might need! Other information that you may find helpful includes:
- What happens if I lost, forgot or broke my primary two step device?
- What if I don’t have a mobile phone?
- How do I complete the two step login process without Internet, network or cellular service? (Especially helpful if you teach in a room that has poor cellular or wireless connectivity)
- For additional Frequently Asked Questions
For additional details and answers about two step login, go to sn.nd.edu and click Knowledge.
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?