OIT Help Desk
Contacting the Help Desk
- Follow Us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- BTS 2016 Hours
- Support Hours
- Extended Support Hours
- IT Outpost
- Options When the Help Desk Is Closed
- OIT Help Desk Mission
- Student Employment Opportunities
The OIT Help Desk provides IT support to currently affiliated members of the ND community. We support Windows and Macintosh operating systems and desktop applications listed on the OIT Supported Software Web page. We also support services that the Office of Information Technologies provides or is responsible for, such as InsideND, ND Google Email, Calendaring, Apps, ND-Secure, Shared File Space (AFS & Netfile), ND VPN, and PrintND.
We can assist you in accessing central services that you are permitted to use, but if another department owns the application, we may not be able to provide support for how to use it. In this scenario, the Help Desk will refer you to the department for specific assistance in the functionality of the program.
We extend our hours when students and faculty return to campus in the Fall. This year we will be open:
- Friday, 8/19/16 - 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 8/20/16 -noon. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8/21/16 - 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
To support the first week of classes, we will also have staff available for these additional hours:
- Tuesday, 8/23/16 - 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8/24/16 - 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 8/25/16 - 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Sunday, 8/28/16 - noon - 10:00 p.m.
- Monday - Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- (Closed Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. for Staff Meetings)
We remain open on Labor Day holidays, when classes are in session, while most campus offices are closed. We are closed for other university holidays.
(During the Academic Year When Classes are In Session - Begins 8/30/15)
Phone & Chat Support Only
- Sunday: 3:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m
- Monday - Thursday: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
During the Academic Year when Classes are in session, we have a Help Desk representative available at the IT Outpost in the Hesburgh Library near the reference desk on the 1st floor. Current hours are:
- Sunday - Thursday: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
When the Help Desk is closed, you can still contact us by the following methods, and we will respond to you when we reopen:
- Leave a message by calling (574) 631-8111
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Log an incident at ServiceNow.nd.edu
In addition, we update and post reference information on the OIT Support Site. To help you find what we have posted for your situation, use the Search field in the top right corner of any OIT Web page.
If an OIT service experiences an outage outside OIT Help Desk hours, please call (574) 631-8111 and follow the prompts to report a service outage. Staff will gather basic information to determine if an outage exists, and report it to the appropriate OIT technologists for repair. Individuals will not answer or log questions about applications outside normal business hours. Additional service status information can be found at here.
We provide prompt, courteous, and informed support to the University's computing community.
Are you a new student to Notre Dame? Or have you been here awhile and find that you are always assisting your fellow classmates with their computer problems? If so, a job with the OIT Help Desk might be what you're looking for! Please visit the ND Student Jobs information page for additional details.
Help Desk Manager
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #6
on IDG's Computerworld
Best Places to
Work in IT 2016
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?