Gmail and Google Apps
Note: Highly Sensitive Information CANNOT be stored in Google Apps.
Google provides a variety of tools to help you learn how to use each part of the Google Apps for Notre Dame suite. Please review the information linked on this page for details and help using the tools. If you have additional questions, please contact the OIT Help Desk by email to email@example.com or by phone at (574) 631-8111.
Note: When leaving the University of Notre Dame, you will lose access to your NetID@nd.edu Google Apps account. For information on what will transfer to another account and what will not, see Google's Moving Product Data page.
- Managing Multiple Google Accounts
- Moving Content from a Personal Google Account to a Notre Dame Google Account
Please note that in collaborative spaces within Google Apps for Notre Dame, your name and email address is visible to others. For example, when using Documents in Google Apps for Notre Dame, all people who can access a shared document can see the names and email addresses of any other persons sharing that same document.
Information stored in Google Apps for Notre Dame is subject to the Highly Sensitive Information Handling Standard.
Using the Google Apps Grid
The grid is located in the upper right, the icon that looks like a tic-tac-toe board.
Click the icon to display the suite of Google Apps available for campus use.
A couple of notes on the apps:
- You can arrange the apps by dragging-and-dropping the icons to new postions
- Easily navigate to Gmail, Calendar, or Drive by clicking the respective icon
- Docs, Sheets, Slides - these icons show a recent history of document-type, spreadsheet-type, and presentation-type docuements. A list of both Google docs and Office docs is displayed.
You can access various Google services for Notre Dame by going to any of the following URLs:
You can create a bookmark for any of these links in your browser for easy access.
All of these will present you with a CAS (Central Authentication Service) login screen similar to the one below if your browser has not already authenticated (logged in). You will always use your netid and password to login via CAS.
You may occasionally be presented with a Google login screen like the one below. If you enter your firstname.lastname@example.org in the email field and leave the password blank, when you click Sign In it will redirect you to the ND CAS screen. You will then enter your netid and password to connect to the desired Google service.
Note: You must include the @nd.edu, so that Google knows that your account is managed by ND when presented with a Google login screen, in order to be routed the CAS.
We've posted additional tips for those that need to login with multiple Google accounts.
Useful Google Links
Contact the OIT Help Desk
Notre Dame ranks #9 on IDG's Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT 2015
Help Desk FAQs
- How do I change my password?
- I'm new to ND, how do I get started with IT services?
- How do I learn about other features of the VoIP telephone service?
- How do I access my email & calendar?
- How do I get on the wifi network?